Please read these Account Terms (the “Terms”) carefully as they set out the various rules and procedures that apply when You open an Account and use it to play the World-5050.com draw based game online(including on mobile devices) or for any other reason.
By accepting these Terms, You agree to be bound by the relevant game rules.
1. Account Registration
1.1 You are only allowed to have one Account.
1.2 You can only register for an Account and use that Account if:
- (a) You are of legal gambling age in your jurisdiction;
- (b) You are physically located in a jurisdiction where laws allow you to at the time;
- (c) The payment details have not been registered or supplied in relation to another Account; and
- (d) Where required, You are able to verify, in whatever way GAC decides, that any information supplied to GAC is genuine.
1.3 You will need to provide certain information when applying to open an Account to help GAC (or our screening &/or payment partners) establish whether or not You and/or Your payment details meet the criteria set out in Section 1.2 and whether You are eligible to partake in the draw. This information will include as a minimum: Your name, address, date of birth, gender, email address. GAC reserves the right to carry out checks to establish the above and to verify (by ourselves or screening agency to carry out checks to verify) Your age and identity and any other details provided, and to ask You for further documentation to verify the same.
1.4 GAC may also request information from You or carry out checks after You have opened an Account, to ensure that You and/or Your payment details (where supplied) still meet the criteria set out in Section 1.2.
1.5 GAC reserves the right to refuse an application to open an Account for any reason.
1.6 If GAC subsequently discovers that You were not or are no longer eligible to open, hold and use an Account, GAC reserves the right to take all appropriate steps in relation to You and Your Account ( including, without limitation, suspending or terminating Your Account, and Your ability to buy tickets, and investigating any security issues).
1.7 GAC will not be liable to pay a Prize to anyone that does not meet the criteria set out in Section 1.2 and may (at our discretion) refuse to pay a Prize to anyone that has more than one Account. If a Prize is paid to anyone who does not meet those criteria, that person will be required to repay the Prize immediately if requested by GAC.
2. Using Your Account
2.1 You must only access Your Account when You are physically located in a jurisdiction where laws allow you to do so.
2.2 As long as You are physically located in a jurisdiction where laws allow, You may purchase tickets as soon as Your Account has been activated.
2.3 You will only be able to buy lottery tickets with Your Account once You have registered with our payment merchant. You must be physically located in a jurisdiction where laws allow when providing these details.
2.4 You are responsible for making sure all of Your Account information is accurate and up to date. Any updates and changes must be made whilst You are physically located in a jurisdiction where laws allow. The updates can only be done through Your Account.
2.5 You must keep Your password secure and secret at all times and take steps to prevent it being used without Your permission. You should, for example:
- (a) memorise Your password and never tell it to anyone;
- (b) never write Your password down (including on Your computer or other electronic device) or record it in a way that can be understood by someone else;
- (c) destroy any communications from GAC in relation to Your password as soon as You have read them;
- (d) avoid using a password that is easy to guess; and
- (e) contact the Customer Support Team immediately if anyone has used Your Account or given any instruction in relation to it without Your permission, or if You think someone else knows Your password.
2.6 If You forget Your password, You can reset it by following the instructions on the Site (as long as You can provide the relevant security information).
3. Play Limits
3.1 GAC may, at its discretion, impose limits on the number of times You can purchase draw tickets during a defined time period prior to a draw. Any limits imposed under this Section 3.1 will be notified to You in an appropriate manner by GAC.
3.2 Subject to any limits imposed by GAC under Section 3.1, You are also able to permanently exclude Yourself, or temporarily exclude Yourself for a fixed period of time from Your Account.
3.3 If You think Your limits haven't been applied correctly, contact the Customer Support Team.
4. Game History and Transaction History
You can view up to 180 days’ details relating to Your draw history and transaction history, through Your Account on the Site. If You want to view records of Your Game History and/or Transaction History that go further back than this, You should contact the Customer Support Team. GAC will then provide this information to You as soon as is reasonably practicable.
5. Closing an Account and Termination etc.
5.1 You can close Your Account at any time by calling the Customer Support Team.
5.2 Accounts are limited to one per person. If GAC discovers that You have more than one Account, or believes a third party Account is being used by You or on Your behalf, GAC reserves the right to terminate or suspend some or all of those Accounts (at its discretion) and take whatever action it reasonably considers appropriate.
5.3 GAC may terminate or suspend the provision of the draws, access to Your Account and/or to the Site, and refuse any and all current or future partaking in the draw by You, immediately and without giving You prior notice:
- (a) if any information provided by You is provided fraudulently or is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete;
- (b) on Your breach of these Terms, the relevant draw Rules and/or the relevant draw Procedures;
- (c) for repair or maintenance work or in order to upgrade or update the Site and/or GAC’s Computer System;
- (d) if GAC stops offering the draw, the provision of Accounts, or access to the Site or any part of it to its customers for any reason; or
- (e) for any other reason at GAC’s sole discretion.
- (a) Once Your Account has been closed or terminated (or if You permanently exclude Yourself from partaking in the draw in line with Section 3.2), GAC will return any funds remaining in Your Account to the payment details registered to Your Account.
- (b) If GAC is not able to return those funds to You, it will keep those funds for six years from the date the Account was closed or terminated (or You permanently excluded Yourself). After this time, the funds will be allocated to the GAC Charitable Trust fund/GAC Group Ltd. The former Player can contact GAC at any time during that 6 year period to claim the funds and, as long as they are able to provide any information GAC reasonably requires, GAC will then refund the funds. No interest will be payable in respect of monies refunded.
6. Unauthorised Use of your payment details
6.1 If You notify GAC or our payment merchant that Your payment details have been used without Your permission in relation to Your Account, and GAC are asked to return the relevant amount to You ("Chargeback"), GAC may suspend Your Account and ask You to contact the Customer support Team. GAC reserves the right to debit Your Account with the amount of the Chargeback. If that debit results in a negative balance in Your Account, GAC reserves the right to recover that balance from You and You will not be able to buy any more tickets unless and until the balance has been recovered.
7. Dormant Accounts
7.1 If You don’t log into or otherwise access or use Your Account for a continuous period of 6 months (TBC), Your Account will become a “Dormant Account”.
7.2 If there are funds in Your Dormant Account, GAC will use all reasonable efforts to contact You to establish Your wishes in relation to those funds. If GAC are unable to contact You, it may at its discretion, return the funds to the payment details registered to Your Account. If GAC is unable to return the funds to those details, it will keep the funds for six years from the date the Account became a Dormant Account. After this time, the funds will be allocated to the GAC Charitable Trust fund/GAC GroupLtd (TBC). The former Player can contact GAC at any time during that 6 year period to claim the funds and, as long as they are able to provide any information GAC reasonably requires, GAC will then refund the funds. No interest will be payable in respect of monies refunded.
8. Site Availability
If You aren’t able to access the draw via the Site for any reason for more than 7 consecutive days (other than because of Your equipment or technology, or internet service provider or mobile device network operator, failing or malfunctioning, or because You are not eligible or entitled to do so), GAC will (except with the prior consent of the Gambling Supervision Commission) immediately after that 7 day period return any funds in Your Account to the payment details registered to Your Account.
9. Use of the Site
9.1 You agree that:
- (a) the Site and the draw is for Your own personal, non-commercial use; and
- (b) You are only allowed to use Your Account and the Site, and partake in the draw via Your Account, as set out in these Terms, the applicable draw Rules and draw Procedures on the draw Details Screen.
9.2 You also agree that You will only use Your Account, partake in the draw and use the Site in an appropriate and lawful manner. You will not, for example:
- (a) receive, access or transmit any content which is obscene, pornographic, threatening, racist, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limit, copyright) or otherwise objectionable or unlawful; or
- (b) knowingly or recklessly transmit any content (including, without limit, viruses) through the Site and/or GAC’s Computer System which will cause, or be likely to cause, detriment or harm, in any degree, to computer systems owned by GAC or others; or
- (c) hack into, make excessive traffic demands on or cause any impairment of the functions of any computer system, deliver or forward chain letters, "junk mail" of any kind, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any behaviour intended to prevent others from partaking in the draw or using the Site or any other website, or which is otherwise likely to damage the reputation or business of GAC or of any third party; or
- (d) authorise or allow anyone to do the above.
9.3 You agree to indemnify GAC against any costs, losses, damages and expenses which GAC may suffer or incur arising out of or in relation to any claim, legal proceeding or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of Your wrongful or negligent use of Your Account, partaking of the draw, access to the Site and/or GAC’s Computer System, or breach by You of these Terms.
9.4 There is no guarantee that the Site will display correctly on all devices it can be viewed on.
9.5 GAC is the owner, licensee or has been granted legal use of all the copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in, to and in respect of the draw and the Site, and You will not acquire any rights in any of these.
9.6 You must not:
- (a) copy, disclose, transmit or otherwise make available or remove or change any material available on the Site;
- (b) reverse engineer or decompile (whether in whole or in part) any software used in connection with the Site and/or the provision of the draw (except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law); or
- (c) remove, obscure or change any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices in any material obtained from the Site or as a result of partaking in the draw.
9.7 You agree that partaking in the draw (including accessing Your Account) whilst located in any jurisdiction other than a jurisdiction where laws allow is strictly prohibited and that GAC will not be liable to pay a Prize to You in respect of any winnings whilst You were located in any jurisdiction other than a jurisdiction where laws allow. GAC has the right to terminate Your Account and refuse any and all current or future Plays by You or access to the Site by You if it suspects or knows that You have played or are intending to partake in the draw whilst located in any jurisdiction other than a jurisdiction where laws allow.
10. Your information
10.1 If You win a Prize, You understand and accept that GAC may, if required by law, provide a third party with details of any Prize claimed by You or on Your behalf of, or paid to You.
11. Limitation of Liability
11.1 GAC’s only obligation is to pay the Prizes won in any draw to the rightful owners of winning tickets (the ticket holder and their charity of choice). GAC will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of whatever nature other than, subject to Section 11.2, the non-payment of a Prize or the non-payment of any refund properly due under the draw Rules. In particular, but without limitation, GAC will not be liable for any loss of profits, indirect, special or consequential loss, suffered or incurred by You that arises out of the withdrawal of any draw or from the participation or non-participation of You or any person in any draw. This includes the loss, for whatever reason, of the chance to participate in such draw.
11.2 GAC will not be liable to any person for:
- (a) events beyond its reasonable control and expectations (for example war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, power cut and/or failure or obstruction of any network, broadcasting or telecommunications service);
- (b) the failure or destruction of, or damage to, all or part of the computer systems or records of GAC or any third party (including, without limitation, the Site and/or GAC’s Computer System);
- (c) any mistakes caused by all or part of the computer systems or records of GAC or any third party (including, without limitation, the Site and/or GAC’s Computer System);
- (d) delays, losses, mistakes or omissions in or made by the postal or other delivery service or by the banking system;
- (e) any other action or event which prevents or hinders the issue of a valid draw (including without limitation the failure of the Site to display correctly on any device used to view it);
- (f) the refusal to sell a ticket to any person or to allow any person to partake in a draw;
- (g) any losses caused by You, including the misuse or unauthorised use of passwords, money lost by purchasing tickets, and the failure to keep GAC informed of changes to Your personal contact details;
- (h) any losses caused by the failure or malfunction of Your equipment or technology or Your internet service provider or mobile phone network operator, or the equipment, technology, internet service provider or mobile phone network operator of any other person or third party.
- (a) there is a failure or malfunction of GAC’s Computer System which impacts any limits on Your spend or play set by GAC in line with Sections 3.1 or set by You in line with Section 3.2, and has a material adverse effect on You; or
- (b) any limits You set in line with Section 3.2 are not placed on Your Account and the non-placement has a material adverse effect on You, GAC will (at its sole discretion) either:
- (c) recover any Prizes paid (or withhold any Prizes won but not yet paid) in respect of those tickets and refund to You the money You spent on buying tickets above any limit that should have been set. For the avoidance of doubt, You shall repay to GAC any such Prizes paid immediately on demand); or
- (d) refund to You the money You spent on buying tickets above any limit that should have been set, net of any Prizes paid in respect of those tickets. No interest will be payable in respect of any refunds made.
11.4 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits (a) any person’s liability (i) for fraud; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by breach of any duty that person may have to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill; or (b) any other liability which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
11.5 You acknowledge and agree that in accepting these Terms You do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty (in each case whether negligently or innocently made) or understanding of any person whether or not that person is a party to these Terms.
12. GAC’s Discretion is Binding
The reasonable exercise by GAC of any discretion provided for by these Terms will be final and binding.
13.1 Any person who partakes in a draw using their Account, or who claims a Prize in whatever capacity, agrees to be bound by the provisions of any applicable legislation, these Terms, the relevant draw Rules and draw Procedures (all as amended from time to time) and any other statements or explanations or rules or procedures GAC may issue from time to time in respect of that draw.
13.4 If any provision (or part of a provision) in any of the documents mentioned in Section 13.3 is decided by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void and/or unenforceable, that decision will only affect the particular provision (or part of the provision) and will not, in itself, make the other provisions void or unenforceable.
13.5 You may not assign or otherwise transfer (in whole or in part) Your rights and/or obligations under these Terms. Any breach of this Section may result in the use of Your Account, the provision of the draw and/or access to the Site being terminated immediately by GAC. GAC may assign or otherwise their rights and/or obligations under these Terms in whole or in part to any third party at its sole discretion.
The relevant law for these Terms is Manx law. Any legal proceedings will be heard in the Manx courts.
|Account:||An account maintained by a Player on Camelot’s Computer System.|
|Computer System:||The computer systems used by or on behalf of GAC from time to time to operate draws, administer Accounts and pay Prizes.|
|Commission:||The Kahnawake Gaming Commission (being the body appointed to regulate The Draw) or any other body appointed to regulate The Draw from time to time.|
|Customer Support Team:||GAC’s helpline for Players, contact details of which are set out on the site.|
|Dormant Account:||Has the meaning given to it in Section 7.1.|
|Draw Game:||A game, the result of which is determined by a draw, entry into which You can buy via the Site.|
|Draw Details Screen:||The screen on the Site that displays details of a particular draw Game.|
|Draw History:||Information held by GAC which relates to the draws You have played through Your Account, including the outcome of each draw.|
|Draw Procedures:||A written document issued by GAC for the draw in addition to these Terms, which includes, without limitation, the price per Play, how to play, how a Prize is won, the Prize Structure and any other relevant information.|
|Draw Rules:||Any rules or conditions issued by GAC in addition to these Terms which apply to the Draw-Based Game.|
|Draw Related Information:||Your Transaction History, Draw History and any information GAC requires You to submit to it before providing You with access to the draw (which includes Your name, user name, password, phone number(s), debit card details, security information, address, Identification Information, email address, date of birth and gender).|
|Identification Information:||Information used to establish Your identity, including information required by GAC to confirm the authenticity of that information. Identification Information could include any element of the Draw-Related Information and, if You submit a claim for a Prize payment within the applicable claim period, Your passport, driving licence and utility bills.|
|Player:||Has the same meaning as You.|
|Prize:||A prize won by a Player from a Draw.|
|Prize Structure:||The value of Prizes for Player and associated charity determined by GAC and set out in the Draw Procedures for the relevant Game.|
|Site:||The website www.World-5050.com.|
|Tickets:||The number of entries a player may purchase equating to the number of chances the player has to win the draw.|
|Transaction History:||The history of payments into and out of Your Account, shown in the ‘My Account’ section of the Site.|
|You:||(a) A person intending to open an Account; or (b) the holder of an Account, who is eligible to purchase tickets, and whose Account has not been terminated, cancelled, suspended or closed.|
|GAC:||GAC Group Limited, a company registered in the Isle of Man, whose registered office is at First Floor, Millennium House, Victoria Rd, Douglas, Isle of Man IM2 4RW. Any references to “we”, “us” and “our” on the Site are references to GAC.|